- Q1: What time do I need to return the bicycle?
We run from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. You can return the bicycle during opening hours.
Please note that we are not open 24 hours a day.
- Q2: Is it possible to rent the bicycle for more than two days?
Yes. You also don’t have to return your bicycle to our store every time you finish using it if your lodging place has a parking place.
- Q3: How much does it cost to rent the bicycle for more than two days?
- For every rental of 2 or more days, we offer a per day discount starting at 10～20%. The more days you rent the bigger the discount. (Excluding City Bicycle A )
- Ex.) In the case of City Bicycle C
1st Day 2nd Day 3rd Day 4th Day 5th Day \1,000 \800 \600 \500 \400 ( Total ) (\1,800) (\2,400) (\2,900) (\3,300)
- Q4: Is it possible to use bicycle during night time?
- We offer customers Night Extension Plan. At an extra cost of 400 yen, you can extend use time by 23:00 p.mt Ex1） Please note that you cannot extend rental period until 11: 00 p.m. after starting rental.
- Ex2） Please note that this service is applicable only to City Bicycle types.
- Q5: Do you have a bicycle lock?
- Yes. Each bicycle has a wire lock. Please be sure to lock your bicycle when leaving it.
- Q6: Are there any parking spaces at shrines or temples?
- Yes. Most of all shrines and temples have a free parking space, sometimes it costs around 200 yen to park bicycle. Please be sure to find proper parking space; otherwise the bicycle will be impounded since parking on the road is illegal in Kyoto.
- Q7: Do you have a map?
- We give you a map which is suitable for touring around the city with bicycle.
- Q8: Can you keep my baggage while I’m using the bicycle?
We can keep your baggage during rental period for free.
It is very convenient for you to keep your baggage at our store before check-in and after check-out.
- Q9: Do I need to pay cancel fee if I make a cancellation?
Cancellation request must be notified before 6:00 p.m. of two days before the appointment.
After the time, it will incur cancellation charge. Late arrival or cancellation on the day due to adverse weather conditions will not incur any cancellation charge, however, make sure to contact us 30 minutes before the reservation time.
In case of renting bicycle after 12:30 p.m., reservation request must be notified by 10:30 a.m. on the day.
We will charge a penalty when prior notification about cancellation has not been made.
- Q10: Do you have sports bicycle?
Yes. You can choose from Mini Velo, Cross Bike, Mountain Bike, and Road Bike. See more details at Model & Price
- Q11: Do you have kids bicycle?
We have two kinds of kids bicycles ( Kids City and Kids MTB ); \500/day (115～140㎝) ⇒ the lowest price compared with other shops
- Q12: Do you have bicycle with child seat?
We have two kinds of bicycles with child seat; 3 speed or electric-assisted bicycle. See more details at Model & Price.
Both bicycles come with an attached baby seat for children aged 2~5 years old, which is on the back of the bicycle. (Weight 20kg max, Height 115 cm)
- Q13: This is my first time to ride an electric-assisted bicycle.
There is nothing different between electric-assisted bicycle and ordinary bicycle, so please be assured. Before start using it, we will explain you how to use.
- Q14: Does electric-assisted bicycle still work even after the battery runs out?
Yes. The electric-assisted bicycle is slightly heavier than ordinary bicycle because the battery and motor is attached to the bicycle, but it does work.
- Q15: Are there any pickup and delivery services?
I’m afraid not.